2013 Panasonic TV's Wake on LAN

I have a 2013 US model VT60 Plasma. Is there any way to get the +wake-on-lan to function over Wifi? I can’t seem to get it to work and running Ethernet over to the television isn’t really an option.

As far as we know Panasonic’s TV Wake on LAN functionality requires Ethernet which is why we note that in the compatibility list.

We would add that there is a small possibility we’ve just overlooked some way of making that work, but we’ve never heard of it working via Wi-Fi.

Thank you.

I have 2013 ST60 and it does not appear that wake on LAN works. I have experimented with it using a wired Ethernet connection. Otherwise IP control and power toggle (power off only) work as expected. Can anyone outline how to get around this problem? I am fairly new to roomie. I would like to see a blended solution: IR for power on and IP control otherwise. How would I set this up?

I have a 2013 ST60 also, but unless I’m missing something, you can do everything over IR that you do over IP for this set. I do not use any of the native TV services as it’s hooked up to an Xbox and Wii that can do most everything else I want it to do streaming-wise. Unless you want that native TV streaming functionality, what would be the point of a blended solution like that? Just asking, maybe I’m missing something?

Maybe no practical point, but the IR control is fundamentally open loop. IP Control offers (the possibility) closed loop control and thus much greater reliability. In other words, if you send an IR power on command, the control system has no way to determine if the TV actually turned on. With IP, the controller can monitor the TV’s status and send the appropriate command.

Open loop control ultimately leads to your father-in-law or other low-tech family members calling you at work saying the TV doesn’t work because they pushed the on button and something didn’t turn on. I’m trying to move toward a robust closed loop control system for the home theater.

I see what you are trying to do. I have a PS3, ATV, and Xbox 360 on my main system, all of which are only controllable via IR. I guess I’ve just resigned myself to giving people a heads up that if it didn’t work the first time, just press the button again, and about 99% of the time it should all work at that point.