Controlling masking on scope screen

A while ago there was a thread about controlling the MadVR Envy Extreme which is becoming very popular with the home theater and projector owners. I have one in my theater and have been successfully controlling it via the custom command function. I can replicate the physical remote functions easily with custom commands.

However, I am in the process of replacing my 16:9 screen with a 2.4:1 screen. My screen has an IP addressable controller that can open and close a black mask on each side so that a 2.4:1 movie fills the entire screen but when playing a 16:9 movie, a black mask is lowered so that you don’t notice the grey bars on each side of the screen. (It does the same for a 4:3 show but the masks are larger on the sides).

What I need to do is be able to send an IP command to the Envy to get the show’s aspect ratio every time I press play on the Roomie control pad. Then need to be able to read that aspect ratio and determine which command to send to the masking controller. If the aspect ratio read to be 4:3 (old TV shows and movies), then I send a command to the controller to bring down the 4:3 masking. When I stop the show, it’s easier, I just send a command to bring the masks back up. If the aspect ratio is between 16:9 (1.78:1) and 2.0, I send a command to the mask controller to lower the 16:9 masks. If the AR is more than 2.0, I don’t use any masking, the Envy will take care of stretching the material to fill the screen.

Is there any way to do this with Roomie? I’m happy to be a beta tester, if it helps. I have all the IP commands for both devices.