Custom / Shareable Designs

Hi Roomie Team -

For my family, I have a remote activity for each member with a custom guide assigned for each member. I would like to share the same design across all of the members though.

In the the earlier versions of Roomie Remote, you could have custom designs that could be used for multiple activities.

Will the custom/shareable design ever be an option for v6 and beyond?

If you have any questions or concerns, let me know.

Thanks.

Duplicate Activity covers most cases of this. In what way does Duplicate Activity not work for this scenario? (other than the fact you probably have to copy a few other commands to adapt to a new room)

I agree it would be useful to be able to copy remote designs for devices vs. copying the entire activity. My example is Sonos - creating a design that includes several .TransposeSet buttons to link to favorite music streams, then replicating that design in multiple rooms that use Sonos without configuring all the commands for that activity.

Is another option to copy/paste the design of interest in the Roomie Config file?

Offhand, that has a fair chance of failure because the buttons might have device tags. OTOH once you’re at that level, such tags are also trivial to change. So I guess sure.

Hi -

I hope every is doing well and staying safe.

Is there any change that we’ll have shareable designs again in Roomie?