Elgato Stream Deck Support As A Hard Button Remote Option?

I’m game. My password manager is Dashlane, the device is Roku, the app is TCM, and the log-in screen requires entry of email address and password for ATT.com, as they are who I subscribed to Direct Stream with even though they subsequently sold majority ownership.

This is not DirecTV, which is a satellite service, this is Direct Stream, which is their streaming service that operates as a channel aggregator similar to YouTube TV, Fubo, etc.

1 Like

Been a while since I’ve used Roku on a consistent basis, but I do see keyboard support in that codeset. What happens if you pop our keyboard support for that login using the keyboard button?

The more important factor is device. You’re on what, AppleTV with that DirecTV Stream app?

Yes. For some reason Roku with Direct Stream app works differently, and provides a code that you can use to validate on a website. That way I can use a device with a real keyboard to log in and have my password manager fill the info. But the AppleTV version of the same app requires me to re-enter the email address and password using the on-screen keyboard. I’ve tried to use the Roomie virtual keyboard but it isn’t recognized on AppleTV for some reason.

Hey Will. Any update on whether this will be prioritized?

I would like to request that contextual media controls be exposed through the REST API: play, pause, FF, RW, volume up, volume down, mute.