EyeTV support

Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant!
Your instructions worked perfectly and have the remote working great!
Very easy to set up.

Did a fair bit testing/playing and the held buttons are working well for up, down, left, right, but not play and menu. Would be great to map record to play(held) in RB. Also noticed in the mapping section there is ‘remote buddy button’ (no hold), exit and exit(held). Is it possible to include these as well?
This way you can assign more functions like remote buddy main menu, new window, hide, etc.

Found this site, might help
iospirit.com/support/forums/ … ead/15846/

Tried to edit the roomiecodes.plist but it’s beyond my scripting knowledge, sorry.

Was controlling Mac previously with WI2IR adapter, but so far this it much quicker, smoother and reliable. Thank you very much for your great work. How did you go with your setup?

Thanks! Glad it’s working for you. OK, I quickly added the missing two buttons for you, but did no testing. Reload from the above link and try it out.

I recently re-did our home theater and swore that everything would be IP controllable. No more IR crap. I’m very glad to have found Roomie and it’s working great at tying it all together.

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

Yeah, updating our 12 year old home theater as well. Old amp didn’t even have HDMI. Much easier now with roomie and IP setup.

Question for roomie or NewfD90 - I was playing around with roomie this morning, trying to add a button to simulate a held left button. I’ve tried setting the command to repeat 100ms, 1000ms and 5000ms but neither of these worked. Tried multiple instances of the same command with 200ms delay and without delay, but neither of those worked.
What’s the best way to simulate a held button? NewfD90, have you been able to set up a held button using a command sequence in roomie?

You mentioned that for a release event, the command name needs to have $ at the end. Does this mean the plist scripting should have the release event set up as a separate command in roomie, so that my commands for a held button would look like the following:
• CURSOR LEFT – Delay 200ms
• CURSOR LEFT (RELEASE)

Wow, your amp was never than mine. Mine was 16 years old. LOL. I ended up with the Pioneer VSX-1022-K, Sharp LC-70C6400U and a 2011 (I gave up waiting on the refresh) Mac Mini with two HD HomeRuns. I’ve been running a Mac Mini HTPC since 2007, and tried ALL sorts of remotes to try and tie everything together. Roomie is the first to make it easy and seamless enough to where the Wife will use it. :slight_smile:

Anyways, as far as I understand it, adding the $ to the end of the command in the plist tells Roomie to track how long the user is holding down the virtual button and then send the button release version of the command (’$’) when the user removes their finger. This is all hidden from you and automatic.

Damn, you must have purchased the first surround sound amp on the market! :slight_smile: Sounds like a sweet setup.
Got you, cheers. So is the release version of the command the same as the press command, just delayed?

Yup, a Mitsubishi. You don’t see them making amps today, do you? :slight_smile: It’s S-Video inputs were state of the art.

There’s a different URL argument for release vs. press:

/RemoteControl/remote.rmbd?event=press&button=Menu&sid=
/RemoteControl/remote.rmbd?event=release&button=Menu&sid=

Still not sure why some of the press and hold buttons aren’t working. I’ll need to run tcpdump and see what’s going on there.

Hehe S-Video! :slight_smile: and it made such a big difference as well :slight_smile:
I got my old Kenwood amp just before RGB video connections came out. Still have plasma without IP but need to get new speakers first (old roommate blew tweeters).

The hold buttons are working when you physically press and hold down the button. Going to try your new plist file tonight and let you know if I have any further luck getting a button with multiple commands to work.

By the sounds of it, a button with multiple commands won’t simulate a hold as only the press command is being sent. May need to add another option to the roomie command list, say menu(hold), that only sends

My understanding (which certainly could be flawed) of the way it works with Roomie is:

As the user presses and holds the Menu button, the following URL (MENU) is sent once:
/RemoteControl/remote.rmbd?event=press&button=Menu&sid=

and when the user releases the Menu button, this is sent (MENU$) once:

At least, that’s what I’m assuming…

That’s correct.

We are adding this command set to this week’s library update with some minor tweaks. The brand will be listed as iospirit, category Remote Buddy - Apple Remote. Also, it’s worth noting that if you turn on the password authentication for Ajax Remote, this will not work. That would require more work that would need to be internal as the authentication is totally non-standard.

But, this is a good set and we feel ready for inclusion as long as users are willing not to have a password on what would otherwise have been a wide open infrared control over their Mac anyway.

Cool, right on! Yeah, IOSpirit Remote Buddy makes more sense.

Sweet! Nice work.
I don’t think the password is an issue at all.

Played with the remote pretty much all of Saturday :slight_smile: remote works perfectly.
Still couldn’t setup a button to send multiple commands automatically to simulate a held button but happy with manually holding the button down for now.
Using IP remote for main controls (play, fast forward, record) and old setup with WI2IR adapter to add extra buttons available through RB (fullscreen, programs menu, AppleScript to switch programs).
So far so good :slight_smile:

Came across HippoRemote on website the other day… Not sure if their API is easier to connect to than RB? Might be worth a look.

Thanks again NewfD90 for your awesome work!

You’re welcome.

FYI, there’s no need to us IR for “other” RB functionality. I have two Roomie Activities: Watch Live TV (EyeTV) and Watch Recordings (Plex). Selecting Live TV sends the RB menu commands via URL to: activate EyeTV, open a window and make said window full screen. Selecting Plex send the URL command to close the window and launch Plex. This can all be done with the RB offset and select URL syntax outlined elsewhere. The key is to add the functions you want to access to the RB menu, then you can access them via URL.

The heading of this thread is EyeTV but it seems to be about remote buddy.

I have a working IR setup for EyeTV if anyone is interested.

Bill

FYI, I’ve added channel changing support. You can now change the channel via the built-in guide. So as to avoid confusion, I’ve named the device differently than the built-in library. Grab it here:

dropbox.com/s/mlq3ug9ox80sb … odes.plist