IPhone rotation lock

With 2.0 (I don’t think it was there before) the interface will now rotate on an iPhone.iPod touch. As someone who often uses a device in one hand, quickly grabbing it off the arm of the chair I’ve found this annoying since the interface shifts under my finger, throwing off the muscle memory I’ve built up for the common controls.

I realize not everyone uses the system the way I do so it would be nice to have preference to disable the rotation.

Thanks,

Russ

On iOS 7, the screen edge swipe gesture from the bottom of the screen brings up the Control Panel. That panel has a Rotation Lock option in it.

Thank you.

That’s good to know. I don’t think I have this option in IOS 6 which is what I’m stuck running on the older iPod touch I’m using most of the time. I’ve been considering updating to a newer model so maybe this will push me over the edge.

Thanks,

Russ

I have the same problem. Would be great if this could be disabled in roomie settings. i believe that the control panel locks rotation for all apps, so that is suboptimal, in my view

I agree. Maybe if there was a remote designer for landscape I would be ok, otherwise this needs to get turned off and it should not have to be a global phone setting, it should be a per remote or per device setting.

Indeed, this is quite distracting when using an iPod Touch/iPhone as a remote control.

Ideally only the Guide section should be able to change orientation.

The problem I have is Roomie now rotates on 90 degree increments instead of just 180 degrees. This means my DirecTV remote shows like 3 buttons instead of a dozen. It would be awesome if we could limit the rotation to the 180 degree rotation.

To prevent this issue, Roomie 2.1 provides an option for any Remote Design to prevent it from rotating to landscape orientation.

Thank you.