Just Add Power brand HDMI Distribution

A great way to add scalable HDMI distribution to an existing local network. Needs a managed network switch. A transmitter encodes the HDMI video onto the network and a receiver decodes that video for display. Simple Control would need to control the managed switch using IP. Just Add Power already makes a bunch of drivers for other control systems and the commands would be similar to any other traditional matrix switch in terms of the number of commands needed. Two-way feedback is not important either, so the driver doesn’t seem like it wouldn’t have to be too complicated. Thank you.

Page describing 3rd party integration - justaddpower.com/control.html
Page with list of current existing control drivers - justaddpower.com/blog/catego … t/drivers/

Took awhile, but I developed a “driver”. Or code set to carol these things.

I am traveling at the moment, but if you reply, I walk you through it. Mine works assuming you used jad config and are using a Cisco sg500 switch. The key to the process is really switch control more than jap control.

It’s not totally plug and play, you will need to enter the names and numbers of your transmitters and receivers.

Next I have to wrote the code to turn the TV on and off using the JAP’s. I can do the ip tv’s (obviously) and anything using a blaster etc… But I have about 15 serial TV’s that are controlled via jap that I would just as soon not have to buy more ir adapters for.

For point of reference, I had an amx vendor write this stuff in amx a few years ago, and I decided to move to Roomie remote/simple control. I have a few things left to move over in a Fairly large project, then I can disconnect the amx.

Hello, i was wondering for a little help on the J+P on the roomie and how you got it working, i am struggling to get it to switch anything.

Wow, when I reply to a thread 5 years later, nobody ever replies :wink: Some good news and bad news…

I haven’t touched this is about 5 year (which is good news, since I haven’t needed to make any changes, but bad news since my memory on it is a bit rusty).

The other bit of bad news, is that because I am using this from 5 years ago, I am still using an old version of simple control. I am petrified to upgrade, since I was using Xcode, then uploading form dropbox IIRC–
Oh, I did not figure most of this out, I got help from JAP, and a Cisco programmer, I think I figured out some of the delays in entering the username and pw :wink:

I can’t say if the new simple control system works differently, in terms of sending the commands, but note I was NOT able to do this from the SC GUI, I had to set up one of the XCODE scripts.

I have no idea what your comfort level is, but mine was zero. So I know it is definitely doable.

I am trying to post a screen shot, but it wont seem to let me.
Where I cant specifically remember each aspect of a command, you can compare commands to see what is different.

Where it says “username” and “password” you should replace with your actual username and PW of your Cisco switch–Yes, I should have mentioned these are commands for a compatible cisco switch.

This has been a LONG time, but my recollection is that where is says “10,12” or “10,13” etc…I THINK 10 is the default VLAN, and 12 is the PORT number on the switch.

Where it says 21 or 22 etc…I believe that is the port number of the Jap receiver.

I think what you need to keep in mind, is that IIRC you are not really controlling the J+P at all–I believe all you are doing is sending commands to control the switch. To create a VPN between 2 ports, it just so happens that the J+P are on those ports. So at the end of the day, you dont really need to know anything about programming the J+P, just about programming the switch. So if you have a different switch, you probably need different commands. But since cisco is a standard, I would think if you knew Cisco, someone could “translate for you”

Code section is a “label”, not part of any command. The type is “String”

I have a cat (presumably category), as the name of the room (also a label).
Method is Lineo.
type appears to be number, and 28 for all of the devices.

This is hard to describe if you havent seen an XCODE screen.

Good luck (oh, I use Xcode, because I use a Mac, but I would imagine you can use whatever can send commands to a Cisco switch.

On the Simple control device, ALL rooms get set up with the IP of the cisco switch, then the command is based off the items below, which I would seem in a list after uploading them from Xcode). If I had to guess you could telnet, and probably send these same commands…

Code: Room 21 (Office), source 12 (DTV)–(type=String)in the value box \x0dusername\x0dpassword\x0denable\x0dconfig\x0dint gi1/1/21\x0dsw gen al vl rem 11-399\x0dsw gen al vl ad 10,12 unt\x0dexit\x0dexit\x0dexit\x0d

Code: Room 21, source 13 (type=String) in the value box \x0dusername\x0dpassword\x0denable\x0dconfig\x0dint gi1/1/21\x0dsw gen al vl rem 11-399\x0dsw gen al vl ad 10,13 unt\x0dexit\x0dexit\x0dexit\x0d

Code: room 22 source 12 (type=String) in the value box \x0dusername\x0dpassword\x0denable\x0dconfig\x0dint gi1/1/22\x0dsw gen al vl rem 11-399\x0dsw gen al vl ad 10,12 unt\x0dexit\x0dexit\x0dexit\x0d

Code: room 22 source 12 (type=String), in the value box \x0dusername\x0dpassword\x0denable\x0dconfig\x0dint gi1/1/22\x0dsw gen al vl rem 11-399\x0dsw gen al vl ad 10,13 unt\x0dexit\x0dexit\x0dexit\x0d

Good luck.

Hello, thanks so much for the reply, and roomie is fine with Jap stuff just the mix up with the ports for switching, I am of ltd knowledge in programming, I see the switch assigned to it in my backup file but where to change the commands I am not sure of.

I have it switching and checked against the code you have down and I have it with the correct vlan info.

My issue now is how to control my TVs with the flux capacitor that attaches to the RX units, room is can’t seem to be able to send a command to the ir on the Rx IP address via telnet… do you know how you achieved that part?.

I am away from the site, and will be for some time, but if you can find, or have a JAP installation guide, you need to use a different port on the same IP address–I just don’t recall what it is. I think you may be able to see it if you log into the JAP device. There are 2 ports, 1 controls the JAP, and the other is a pass through which will send a command to the device.

So if you are going from simple control to the JAP, to (for example) a Sharp TV. In simple control, you set up the device as a sharp TV, but you enter the JAP IP address, with the proper port for pass through (I just don’t recall what the port is). Then you should be able to send whatever the normal TV commands are. If I recall correctly, you get a pull down list of valid commands…

As an aside, I may be wrong, maybe it isn’t a separate port, maybe you just set the receiver to accept commands. I don’t recall, but I am pretty sure if you login to the receiver via web page, via its IP address, you will see it there, when you change the setting anyway.

I found this:

1. Set Serial Port Settings:
  2. Serial Port Mode –i. No Serial Port – set if no serial control is used
    ii. Dumb Redirection – set if a device is connected to the serial port of a Just Add PowerTransmitter to have commands pass through to all connected Receivers
    iii. CLI Access to Single Device – set if Receivers will be controlled through the RTI control platform.Default setting.
    iv. CLI Access to All Receivers – set if one Receiver will be used to send a command to all Receiversin the installation.
  3. Baud Rate – match to the baud rate of the communicating device. Default is ‘9600’.
  4. Bits – match to the bits of the communicating device. Default is ‘8’.
  5. Parity – match to the parity of the communicating device. Default is ‘None’.
  6. Stop Bits – match to the stop bits of the communicating device. Default is ‘1’.

Sorry I think the port is 4998 for ir global cache…

That is great and the info you have supplied is 1st class, i done a system a long time ago and since you have put the info over to me some of it is flashing back to me, but this was done on an on-controls system not roomie, I have sent your reply to the stach support in uk to try and get him to look over it.

The only things I struggle with is the x ode and the import of code back into roomie, I will get better I am sure.

I take it you are still on simple control?,

Thanks again for the info.

I do still use simple control, but as I think I noted in my first reply…I have not upgraded, because I don’t know how to upload on new system. So I really avoid touching anything anymore. I assure there is a way, you might contact SC support to learn how to upload Xcode?

It’s on my list to update the code sets UI, and for one thing let it add individual codeset files from your iCloud Drive. Should be pretty soon. Meanwhile, the DDK provides the step by step process for adding custom code sets (which is somewhat complicated).

I use Roomie Remote with JAP 3G distribution. Works fine out of the box for me. Let me know if I can help.