Launch apps on android devices (ala Roku Channels)

Is the amazon code in the firetv set the same as the nvidia shield? i didn’t see a preset one like there is for plex and Netflix, i figured id try it with the new .application launch command so i found the app ID like i did my other apps and it is com.amazon.amazonvideo.livingroom but like i mentioned above it didn’t work. If i’m missing something simple please let me know.

Specifically for the nVidia Shield Pro, has anyone been able to figure out the application ID for:

-Amazon Prime
-VUDU
-Crunchyroll

I was able to figure out the ones for:

-HBO MAX - com.hbo.hbonow
-Hulu - com.hulu.livingroomplus
-YouTube - com.google.android.youtube.tv
-Netflix - preconfigured as a launch command

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Following up on this thread, I have just deployed many updates to the Nvidia Shield code set.

• Added HBO MAX, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and YouTube launchers to the standard code set.
  • Added a new command LIST PACKAGES. This can be used to dump all package names on your device to the diagnostic log (pinch to zoom). Any additional package names you need can easily be read from that list and used with the .APPLICATION LAUNCH command.
  • Added FUNCTION 1-12 commands. The most useful scenario for this is F4 in Netflix while playing content which is the secret key command to display bandwidth/video information on the current stream.

You can download these updates by tapping Force Code Set Update in Settings, waiting about a minute, and then restarting any related activity. Make sure you’re on the latest release 6.7.1+ as well.

1 Like