LG BH7520 HTS IP Control

I’ve been playing around with using IP to control the HTS, and I’ve got it working using the UDP protocol. The issue I’m having is I need to send 2 hex data streams to it for some of the commands. For example, I send the first stream to the HTS and the volume starts going up and won’t stop until I send the second data stream to it. Its acting like there is start/stop commands.

How can I set up the roomiecontrol.plist file to send these values over one after the other. Both need to be a group of hex numbers like <08031200 2a080801 12040819 1002> and the last number needs to be toggled between 1 and 2. 2 appears to start the process and 1 stops it.

BTW, there is only power off, no power on, which is ok since I can cover that with the IR interface.

Thanks
Fraser

That sounds much like the LG BDP protocol. You might want to try that set first. It’s LG, 2013+ Models, Blu-ray Player.

The codes look like this in a RoomieCodes file:

<key>BACK</key><string>\x08\x03\x12\x00\x2a\x08\x08\x01\x12\x04\x08\x17\x10$LGTOGGLE$</string>
We have a special flag as you can see to handle exactly that toggle scenario.

Sending a “stop” command for a given repetition just needs a “#” at the end of the command name. Like this:

<key>FORWARD</key><string>....</string> <key>FORWARD#</key><string>....</string>
Thank you.

I tried the LG2013+ as you suggested and it works, except it doesn’t have all the options that the HTS supports. The strange thing is, the HTS I have is early 2012 model I believe…

Is there a way I can extract the roomiecontrol.plist file for the player you suggested so I can update it to match the HTS?

Thanks
Fraser

Send any extra codes to support. We can probably just add them to the existing set or dupe the set.

Thank you.