LG webOS IP control severe latency

I just picked up an LG webOS TV. Roomie found it and added it as an IP device and I was able to pair it without issue using the pairing code displayed on the TV. That said however, I’m seeing approximately 6-8 seconds of latency between commands sent from Roomie and the TV executing the command. Any idea what may be causing this? FYI, all of my other IP devices within Roomie are working as expected…

Normally I would moderate this out as this type of run of the mill tech support is not something that should clutter the forums. However, we get this often enough to leave a record of it here. This is documented by the way.

LG WebOS is a relay device like several others. These devices ensure that they remain controllable even if many of your devices are running Roomie targeting the same device – since they only support a small number of connections, you would otherwise run into absurd limits without this feature (often they only allow 1 connection at a time).

A relay device might have slow response if your Primary Controller is not defined (see Setup Guide). Any system with relay devices should select an explicit Primary Controller (and make sure it’s setup properly, see Setup Guide) to make sure you never see such issues.

Setting the primary controller did the trick. Thank you…