Playstation 2 support?

I’m trying to set up my Playstation 2. The PS2 looks to be supported under Game Systems -> Sony. However, none of the commands work. Are only certain models supported? Mine is one of the more top-loading ones, SCPH-79001.

The solution to this is to use the PS logo button. The default Power On, and Power Off codes don’t work. The PS logo button will either power on, reset, or power off the device, depending on how long it’s held. So, there are various ways to work around this.

The PS Logo button will power on the system, but only if you set the device repeat to >1.

To power off the device, you have to create an activity and a macro which holds the PS button for 3000-5000ms.

If you don’t want to set the device repeat to >1, the PS logo button won’t power it on. Instead, you have to create a macro which holds it for some period of time (but not as long as when powering off, or resetting it).

The ramifications of this are if you are using the PS2 as the Power Device for an activity (i.e., it automatically powers on, and then powers off when entering/leaving the activity), you’ll need to delete the startup and shutdown commands which are automatically inserted, and replace them with your macros.

I can’t vouch for any of the other commands, as the power ones are all that I’m interested in.