Plex Media Guide

+1

+1 also

Does Plex use JSON, like XBMC? If so, should just be an ‘enhancement’ to the XBMC support (Since Plex is a subset of XBMC)

True?

Unfortunately, Plex took the basic control section of XBMC’s JSON API from Frodo, but then did not take the rest of it, so Plex’s Media Guide related APIs are completely different from XBMC.

While we control Plex well today, adding a Media Guide is its own effort. Regardless, it is currently at the top of the list of Media Guides to add and has a pretty good chance to make a near term release.

Thank you.

Would you support Plex and/or Plex Home Theatre? Or both?

• 1 absolutely

FWIW - I installed PlexConnect hack ( no jailbreak required) on my Apple TV and Plex Server and it works great. I just configure Roomie for ATV and use the ATV standard remote interface as the full Plex media guide is presented in ATV format.

Amazing result with a clever DNS trick and scripting. My congrats to the PlexConnect devs and here’s hoping Apple doesn’t “fix” this.

Even if I didn’t own an ATV already, I would buy it just to run Plex/PlexConnect.

We are planning to add the Plex Media Guide to 3.0 (hopefully) for PHT.

Thank you.

I can’t wait for the plex media guide. What is the tentative date for roomie 3.0. Thanks roomie team. Love the app

I am using the xbmc interface using OpenElec on a Zotac AD12 compact-computer. I loaded the Amber skin which supports PleXBMC, which is an addon that allows xbmc to read from a Plex media server. Amber integrates it into the XBMC menus directly.

With this above, Roomie works well with my OpenElec installation.

I would love to remove that whole step, and go right to PHT on the Zotac if/when Roomie supports it. Although Plexbmc works correctly, and integrates to xbmc well, there is just a small feeling of ‘disconnectedness’ with it’s integration.

+1 for Plex Media Guide support