Sky+HD

Basically all working. Couple of slight oddities:

1. The “pause” doesn’t act as a toggle in the same way that it does with the Sky+ app. To resume, one has to press “play”. Perhaps the Sky app retains state information or queries the box for current state and sends a “play” command if already paused.

2. FF and REW jump to 12x speed rather than going 2x, 6x, 12x, 30x with the app or the IR remote.

3. The playback counter doesn’t work, although the Sky app doesn’t have this feature either so it may be that the box doesn’t support it.

Channel change looks rather more involved than sending individual digits, so that may not be quite as simple as it first appears.

Does anyone have a quick postal code for SkyHD UK? Anything that lists it is fine. We’re matching up some funky channel numbers these boxes expect that have no real world mapping to the actual channel numbers. We are trying to make sure we can inject the proper mapping into the real guide data as needed.

Sorry for the delay guys, a post code that should work is BH12 1DN

Phil

You can also try

Grant Way

Isleworth

Middlesex

TW7 5QD

You should be careful how you proceed with the Sky integration. It has a very closed system, think Apple.

Hi. I a noobie and I’m stick!

I’ve downloaded the Sky codes and downloaded an XML editor, backed up my Roomie config to Dropbox and loaded the Sky codes into a separate XML window. However, I have absolutely no idea how/where to past the new Sky codes into the main config. Can anyone provide instructions? Or is there another easier way of doing this?

Hi, tried the experimental SKY HD codes and they work great.
If it was possible to get the GUIDE button and the four colour keys that would really be all that is required. Is this possible?

Hi, I’m also keen for the SKY HD ip integration. It’s the only thing that’s stopping me from using Roomie as an one stop app for all my devices.

As most people in the UK have some sort of Sky package as part of their home entertainment system, I feel the first App to integrate Sky HD into their repertoire will quickly corner the market.

Look forward to the updates.

I’ve just bought the app and registered purely to try the Sky+HD control. I can also confirm those basic keys. They work fine (with the caveats mentioned by snotsicle).

I’m very excited to see where this leads. I’m looking for a new, iPad based remote and this could be the one for me…

For those interested, there is some discussion about implementing IP control over on AVForums:

avforums.com/forums/18909454-post877.html

Any further progress on this, would be great to have the guide, etc. working from roomie?

I’d suggest badgering Sky to provide a URL for their Sky+ app so it can be launched by Roomie.

The SkyGo app has a URL but the Sky+ app doesn’t - go figure.

I don’t know the best way to complain to Sky about this, but their user forum is at helpforum.sky.com

Just bought the remote app and very impressed. Is there any update for controlling sky hd over ip?

thanks

The command set we posted earlier in this thread should work fine.

Guide integration is another topic. One could easily add buttons to a Virtual Remote now that send you to fixed channels, but doing that in a way that is fully integrated with Roomie’s guide is a different story. Sky’s guide system is quite… unique shall we say. Nobody else has a guide system like it where made up channel IDs are used in the background to represent non-existent channel numbers. In any case, it requires a lot of guide customization to handle that. In general, that’s on the docket. We’re not sure which release it will be.

Thank you.

Found this on the sky forums so thought I’d post it here. The URL for the current Sky+ app is

fb389824664411304://

Thanks go to whoever managed to work that one out!

Great stop gap, thanks for that. I have a question though, I’m trying to use that URL on an activity button to open the sky+ app, but it won’t allow me to open it silently, it says ‘unable to open specified URL’. I can get round this by using the open in Roomie option, but then when I return to roomie, I’ve got a blank web browser and have to click back to return to the previous activity. Not a huge issue, just not quite as slick as I would like. Any suggestions?

Scrub that last comment, opening in safari works a treat.

Sky’s guide system is quite… unique shall we say. Nobody else has a guide system like it where made up channel IDs are used in the background to represent non-existent channel numbers.

I wonder if this is because of interactive (red button) channels? These are channels that are broadcast, but don’t appear in the EPG, and are generally selected by pressing the red button on the remote and navigating through menus to select particular content.

If it is any consolation, I’m not aware of any guide that displays all interactive content in the UK.

Hi all, bit of a noob at this, so please bear with me.

i am very interested to try the sky ip configuration, so downloaded the file to my drop box, recovered my configuration from dropbox, and set up my sky box as per the instructions (ip and port 49153), I’m able to select sky device from media player, but the commands don’t seem to work !, I would really appreciate any help.

thanks

jmc

I was able to get the basic commands working with my roomie, but as of today they have stopped. The Sky+ app still works so, I know the noetwork is fine. I tried to deleted and re add the sky box, but I still can’t roomie remote to work.

Any Help would be great

Thanks