Before I buy Denon AVR-1913

I would like to be sure of two things before I pull the trigger:

1. Will I be able to watch a DVD in one room with the tv going and at the same time streaming iTunes or spotify or pandora in stereo on the patio in zone 2?

2. Will roomie be able to be control what is going on the patio and skip itunes songs, skip pandora songs and show what is playing in zone 2?

That’s my big use case so if it can not do it suggestions for an av receiver that can would be welcome. I was thinking of going big and “future proofing” and getting the denon 3113 but the more I ready the more I realize I should get something that works for me now and then in 5 years perhaps get something new. AV receivers used to be pretty steady in their features (I still have by Yamaha RXV-995 which has 5.1 sound from nearly 20 years ago which works fine) but now it seems things are changing big time every year.

Thx, Lloyd

So crucially I would like a device that will be able to display pandora and skip songs and do the same on itunes in zone 2. Any device that Roomie will allow me to do that with is great.

Now changing my mind and thinking about getting the Onkyo NR-717. Same question:

1. Will roomie be able to be control what is going on the patio and skip itunes songs, skip pandora songs and show what is playing in zone 2? adn taht means show album art in the app, do the thumbs up thumbs down in pandora etc

Both of those models are good IP control choices. Feature variations are in the IP Compatibility list:

roomieremote.com/ip-compatibility/

All of the modern models from the larger receiver manufacturers are supported on all zones per above.

Thank you.

Thanks roomie for the prompt response. I am vacillating. Does the Onkyo support multiple connections? I would guess not based on it not being mentioned in the ip compatibility guide but then again I think roomie supports multiple connections to the yamaha’s and that is not mentioned in the guide.
Thx again, Lloyd

Onkyo does not support multiple connections. We just added the new YNC set for Yamaha 2010+ receivers to support that for them, and we also have that for Denon 2011+ models per the FAQ:

roomieremote.com/faq/#denon

The other way to achieve multiple connection support is via the IP2SL/WF2SL adapters if your model has serial.

Thank you.

Thanks much. At least now I have only two brands to choose from.

So I think it will be the Denon AVR-1913 for me. Can anyone tell me if I will be able to see the pandora graphics and video stream and do the thumbs up and down, skip tracks etc in roomie if i am playing Pandora on zone 2?

Thanks much in advance.