Belkin wemo

I’m certainly happy to help! Please let me know what you need from me.

I am also interested in seeing support for the WeMo Insight Switch and WeMo Light Switch. I just bought 2 WeMo Light Switches (in-wall) and 6 WeMo Insight switches. The auto-discovery seems to be going haywire and detecting one of Insight Switches as a Light Switch. The other Light Switch is detected correctly. None of the other devices are auto-discovered. I can add the devices manually, but I believe the auto-discovery is interfering with things and messing up the config, as I can never get everything to consistently work - the various switches fail and come back intermittently, even after assigning static IPs for all devices.

It would be great if we could get support for all WeMo devices in this app, as they have come a long way and work flawlessly when using the WeMo app.

Any updates on this?

We got this working with a user in support. Just needs to be added manually and then treat it like a WeMo. Use port 49154 first, then 49153 if that doesn’t work. Type is Auxiliary, brand Belkin.

The Insight switches will also auto-detect when 2.1 comes out.

Thank you.

Thanks, I’ll give this a shot. Does the same apply for the WeMo Light Switch - both the manual add in version 2.0 and the auto-detect in 2.1?

If you contact support, they can verify that auto-discovery will work for that as well in 2.1. Regardless, all of the WeMo switches should work right now with 2.0.4. The only question is auto-discovery.

Thank you.

Belkin changed port 49153 to 49154 for old devices:

My memo switch and lightswitch stop working with roomieremote after wemo app update 1.4.1 (january 8).

Auto-discovery found all switches, but nothing works.

When i add both switches manually with port 49154 (no results with ports 49152 and 49153), all works fine, as a two week ago.

Regards

Oleg

To clarify, nobody changed any ports. Belkin WeMo devices randomly hop ports in the range 49153 through about 49156. 90%+ of devices will start and stay on port 49153. Roomie 2.1 automatically recognizes a port hop and adjusts for it. For now, in the rare event your device switches port from 49153 to one of the others, just add it on the new port.

Thank you.