Devices per IR port

Hi, I’m very interested in the roomie remote and IR control. I have one question before I purchase though. When you are adding IR devices, can you add multiple devices of the same type (e.g satellite receivers) in the same room to the same IR port on an iTach? I have a multi-room audio video matrix, so I would need the IR signals from the roomie to always be sent down one port, this is so the matrix will receive the signal as though it came from the room zone. The matrix will then take care of the IR routing.

Thanks in advance

John

Slight correction on that question :wink: It doesn’t need to be muliple devices of the same type, just multiple devices in the same room on the same IR port of an iTach…

Thanks again

Yes, you can have any number of devices controlled by one port.

Great, thanks a lot. I do have one more question actually, is it possible to dynamically change the IP address of the device that the roomie remote connects to? For instance I have multiple XBMC servers and multiple satellite receivers that I would like to control with IP if possible. I don’t want to add multiple devices of the same type, as that would confuse the kids :slight_smile: So if possible i would like to change IP address dynamically with a custom command. If not I will have to stick with controlling them with IR and let the matrix do the routing to the specific device.
Thanks again

John