Epson 2030 power off configuration

This should be an easy one…

I’ve got an Epson 2030 projector, which doesn’t support IP controls, so I’m using an iTach/IR blaster to send basic power on/off commands - which is really all that I need.

My one minor frustration is that turning off the projector requires a confirmation step, which is basically just re-sending the power-off command. I’ve set up an “All Off” activity, which powers off my Onkyo receiver, issues the initial power-off command to the Epson, and then re-sends the same command to provide the power-off confirmation.

Unfortunately, the confirmation doesn’t seem to register unless I re-execute the All Off activity. I’ve tried playing with the sequencing of the three commands, adding various delays, repeats, etc., but to no avail.

Is there anyone here who has experience with the Epson 2030 and can offer advice on configuring the power-off command/confirmation?

FWIW, my understanding is that this projector has a power toggle function, rather than discrete on/off commands. Seems like an odd choice, but it’s a minor annoyance on what’s proving to be an otherwise very nice projector for the money.

Thanks in advance for the help!