HDMI over IP

Looking to dive into HDMI over IP. Has anyone had good success with integrating Roomie with an HDMI over IP system (not HDBase T)? If so, what are you using?

I used Atlona PRO3 until 2019, but that’s more of a matrix and I’m not sure they really push that anymore. The newer Omnistream line seems so commercial-oriented that I haven’t researched it enough to see if it could be viable in a home environment. We have great control over PRO3.

I recently added support for Savant’s IP video distribution. It’s all controlled by Roomie though. This is why I added SSH support. Basically it uses SSH into the Savant Host. I don’t think I would recommend this path as a solution to an IP video requirement unless you have some other reason you have to use Savant or for instance you’re creating a migration path away from Savant. In that scenario, I could write up tips on the SSH and Automator scripts I use to take over the system.

I would be very interested to hear about other systems that work well. I would like to try an IP video product that was a pure solution. Wasn’t there something from SnapAV/Binary?

I have a close friend who does home automation (too expensive to use for me). In his top 5 is the MoIP from Binary. Crestron, AV Pro #2, and Elan are his other favorites but I think those are all proprietary. I’ve had good luck with HDBaseT from Binary. Would love if we could integrate with MoIP.

I got this response from Just add Power when fishing around…just passing the info. No experience with
"We do not have turn-key integration at this time. If you have a contact at Roomie Remote, we would be willing to discuss cooperative integration.
Here is some info on what would be required:

AMP Standards: JPSW Matrix Control - Just Add Power Support
Here are our current control options:
AMP VLAN - Just Add Power Support

Best Regards,"

I’ll look into Pro3

Thx!

Blustream do a very capable video over IP system using multicast. The IP200UHD system is easy to setup and reliable. Control via drag&drop TV app works well too.

Full API available as well for integration.