Homekit scenes

Homekit raw devices appear in Roomie Remote but should ‘Scenes’ appear?
It would be nice to hit a button in RR that than turns on 4 switches and 2 lights in homekit like you can do within homekit from the scene I setup.

That’s not a current feature. It’s on the list. Of course, all you have to do is send the commands from Roomie so the fact there is a simple workaround has kept it pretty low priority.

When you say ‘send the commands’ you mean them all individually not some funky way of sending it to the homekit scene?

Would be nice to be bumped up the list, I’m sure a lot of people would make more use of scenes then. I know it would improve the wife factor :grinning:
For now we can just shout at Siri but sometimes/most of the time I’m in the app so don’t want to shout at Siri as well :slight_smile:

A HomeKit Scene is a series of commands to HomeKit accessories. Just send the same commands from Roomie. We support HomeKit accessories directly.

For few devices I agree the workaround is ok. As we add more and more devices it’s a long time consuming process to create RR activity with say 10-15 lights and it’s not just turn on or off…we want specific colors, using the GUI interface it’s so easy to define the color, hue, brightness in the HomeKit app, to do the same in RR is quite a challenge…hope we can see this feature soon. And that is just for one scene say it’s Christmas time and we want all lights (in my case philips hue outdoor lights I have 20 fo those) then another scene for hallowed theme and so on…

8.3.2 release notes says HomeKit scenes now can be part of activities wow, thanks for adding this ! Any pointers to how to use it, does it show up as a device switch?

Found it in the documentation haha was hoping it will show up as a device, thanks again great added feature, RR ROCKS !

Tried using a scene using inline activity, able to turn on but didn’t find a way to turn off

Nonsensical. HomeKit Scenes have one operation: Set. “Turning it off” has no meaning in the context of HomeKit. If you have a different scene that sets your accessories to a different state, you can Set that instead. (This is the same behavior as you see for instance in the Home app.)

Yes understand in general scene does just one thing, however in HomeKit it turns on and off the devices selected in the scene, not sure why they did it, l like the RR implementation :+1:

In the real world, that has no meaning. Scenes play music on a HomePod and set a volume while setting specific dim levels and turning off all downstairs lights.
Good luck on the AI you’ll need to reverse that correctly.

1 Like

Could you point me to the document. I couldn’t find it.

BTW, Will, that updated, comprehensive “What’s new …” document is packed full of great information.

Jeff

In an activity setup just click on the + sign on the top right it will drop down a menu and you will see HomeKit Scene option

I don’t see that at all… I can control individual devices in HK, so I know integration is working…

There are no reported issues here so if you actually don’t see it in the right place, you’re not running the most recent version.

Running the most recent beta.

My mistake, I had mistakenly assumed that TestFlight would install the latest version… I have since corrected it and it’s working.