iOS 7 and Roomie

Yes, same problem here too. Its like the remote just became super sensitive. To move the remote up or down my finger has to be on the dead space between buttons for it to work properly. Happened after the update to iOS 7.

iOS 7 does pass us button presses slightly differently which makes some buttons more sensitive than iOS 6. This is also resolved in Roomie 2.0.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thought I’d already posted to this thread but it seams to have disappeared!

I have a 5S and downloaded my configuration from dropbox but all I get is a volume up/down and mute button on the remote screen, and when I try to test a remote I just get a blank screen.

Anyone else have this?

Thanks

Jonny

Same problem here but with iPhone 5. We need wait for version 2.0

Mariusz,

Thanks for the reply, works fine on my mini, presumably 2.0 is very close if it’s a known issue with the current release, there seems little information other than the expo stuff?

Jonny

@Jonny

My mini works too but it was upgraded to iOS7 (no fresh install) that’s why it works.

Just hope ver 2.0 be out soon so I can use my iPhone again as remote.

We are about to release Roomie 2.0 within about 24-48 hours – by Saturday night US time.

If you are CURRENTLY RUNNING iOS 5, you will not be able to update as we have previously announced many times. This is the FINAL NOTICE that you may need to save your IPA file right now in order to continue to run Roomie on an iOS 5 device indefinitely. We also do already now provide a separate app to allow running on iOS 5 after Roomie 2.0 is released.

Regardless of what you are running, now would be a good time to make sure your configuration is backed up and you’re ready to update to a major new release.

Thank you.

Thank You for update and great news :slight_smile:

I have an iPad 1 running 1.9 and an iphone5 running the same version. Will I be able to upgrade the iPhone to roomie 2, leaving the iPad on 1.9.

I am currently backing config up to drop box, but currently only have the iPad doing that. If I can upgrade by either not backing up the iPhoneconfig or backing up to a different dropboss account I’ll do this.

I’m unclear what the ipa file does as it is in the iTunes directory, so obviously different to the config file. When you say back it up,tro anywhere specific, or is it just an. ‘in case’ copy if the original gets updated in any upgrade?

Yes, the iPad 1 can just keep running 1.9.3. The IPA file is basically insurance. You can use it later by dropping it into iTunes if you were ever to need to perform a restore on your iPad.

Roomie Synchronization does work between 1.9.3 and 2.0. However, if you plan to make configuration changes specific to 2.0 that utilize features not present in 1.9.3, we’d recommend turning off Wi-Fi Synchronization in 1.9.3 as those will obviously not work there.

Thank you.

Roomie 2.0 is now going live and should percolate to all the various App Store servers by Saturday morning or so.

Thank you.