JVC projector additional lens memory options

After realizing iRule was history i need an app to control my JVC projector. I’m trying out roomie remote and so far so good. However i need more lens memory options, the jvc profile only has three options when the projector can save a lot more. This is important on my scope screen as i have like 6 memory settings.
Can i add more options/buttons to the layout? I would also like to add more lens control optins as i had 16 with iRule. How customizable is roomie room?

Thanks!

You could create a Custom Code Set brand JVC category Supplemental type projector. Then add whatever the commands are that you want. Command format is as they document, for which the simplest way to write in Roomie is escaped hex like:

<key>LENS MEMORY RECALL 1</key><string>\x21\x89\x01\x49\x4E\x4D\x4C\x30\x0A</string>

The part between the string values would be what you’d paste into Roomie, except for your custom command.

Perfect, thank you Will. I have all the hex codes and now that I know this is possible ill get playing with it.

Since im trailing this out, im using the base level subscription plan, will i need to purchase a higher level subscription to add more commands?

Will could this just be added to the existing jvc projector profile?

And

Yes, those will be in the next update, but it could be a little while. Probably in May sometime.

Thanks Will you made my day, i can certainly wait.

Only thing missing is HDR adjustments in the Oppo 203 profile then I’m a happy camper. Im looking for those hex numbers.

Side note, any plans on Android OS support?

Thanks Will, one last request for the JVC profile for the next update.

Hey @Will_Price, circling back if the extra lens memories were added to the JVC profile yet? I dont believe the 5/2 up had these added yet. No rush i was only curious. THX!

The ones I said I would deploy were deployed ages ago. You may need to use Force Code Set Update to get them. And if you want more codes you can always add them using the information in this post:

Hi Will, I am also seeking the extra JVC (NX5) lens memories from the original 3. I don’t see the 10 lens memory recalls even after Force Code Set Updating (7/7) - I’m running version 8.1.3 build 2549, built Nov 16 2022. Thanks

They’ve been in there for ages in all 3 of the major JVC code sets D-ILA Serial, D-ILA IP, and D-ILA IP Auth. If you’re using those code sets, use the full reset process in the KB if you don’t see LENS MEMORY 1-10 codes at this point. Or, you’re just not using those code sets.

Regardless, another reminder that:

1. These kinds of things can only be guessed at in a forum because I can’t see which code set you’re using and you can only tell me in a vague way not using the definitive identifiers we would see in support.
  2. It is trivial to add such codes as supplemental codes and indeed this very thread gives the exact text for doing that.

Thanks for the response. Just did another Force Code Set Update and I now have them.

Good to know Clive thank you. I haven’t tried to set this up since last April. I still have iRule working on my cell phone but sooner or later that will be an issue and I’ll have to finally get around to setting up RR. I put so much work and programming into iRule, sigh.

It’s viewable under the JVC device test and in my ATV activity but I can’t get it into my Blu-ray activity, even after deleting and replacing the JVC device - strange!
I wish I could edit the drop down from Memory Recall to say 2.4:1 for example and then list my other lens memory presets.
It’s nice though that after selecting you don’t have to press return after the aspect has fully rendered.

Whenever you want to “add buttons from some other device” to an Activity, you “Add New Device”, select that device, and then tap Skip when selecting the command. All of the commands for that device are then added to that Activity as a new tray item.