Lutron Ra3 Support

Are there plans to support recently announced Lutron’s Radio Ra3 system?

I’ll be a little surprised if it doesn’t just work, but who knows. 7.1.2 has a ton of new stuff in this area, but RA3 is purely speculative. It’s not even certain which API it will use, but my educated guesses are it will just work or will require only trivial changes.

Thanks. Lutron said Ra3 will integrate through their LEAP API which I think is what Ra2 select uses. Regardless, hopefully the integration to Roomie is relatively straightforward!
https://radiora3.lutron.com/us/en/whats-new

Hello, bumping this up for re-review. I am in the process of building a home and am about to pull the trigger on a RadioRa3 installation. I’d like to use Roomie Remote in lieu of spending on something like Savant and wonder if we can confirm Roomie can control RadioRa3. Thanks!

We have this working and officially approved in beta right now. So yes the usual major Fall release should pretty certainly have this support.

1 Like

Does Roomie now use LEAP for Caseta control? I’m hoping my occupancy sensors could be seen/used for automation in Roomie since they are not exposed via telnet on my Caseta Smart Bridge Pro 2.

This is covered in the release notes.

I have never tested occupancy sensors with RA3, so if it doesn’t work feel free to contact support and we might be able to add it. For automation in the recent release, the release notes cover the primary focus which was keypad monitoring including Pico remotes all the way up to QSX Keypads.

I can confirm that it works with my Ra3 dimmers and switches. That’s all I have that is Ra3 at the moment.

1 Like

Will, I just upgraded my Lutron system from RadioRA2 to RadioRA3. While almost everything works great, I seem to have lost the ability to control some curtains that utilize a contact closure via the Lutron Visor Control Receiver. I was able to control them in RR previously but since the upgrade I’m not having any luck. I’ve tried reprogramming RR by going into the Activity and selecting the proper button push on the “See-Touch Keypad”. I’ve attached a picture to show you where I’m finding this. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your help. BTW, I can confirm that occupancy sensors work in RA3.

Don’t know what that is, but it’s probably easy to solve. A forum is definitely not the place for that though. We’d need to see this in a support ticket from the app which would make it very simple.