Marantz or Yamaha Surround Pocessors

Hi

Does anyone have any experience using Roomie Remote with either the Marantz AV8805A or Yamaha CX-A5200B surround processors? The compatibility list generally shows compatibility with most Marantz and Yamaha receivers, so I assume the command protocol for their surround processors would be pretty much the same as they are basically like high-end receivers without the amps built in (assuming also the feedback display for volume, mode, etc. would work too). I need to replace my old Pio Elite SC-68 (finally getting the dreaded UE22 error and pops/clicks from the DSP) which I’m using as a processor (amps disabled) and considering the Marantz processor, or maybe the Yamaha. Any experience / thoughts regarding Roomie compatibility with these units would be helpful.

Thanks
Erik

The Compatibility list clearly includes such models. We used to specify by model many years ago and that’s just a waste of time now as every model is compatible for many, many years, certainly from those brands anyway.

I have been using Marantz AV 8802a since I purchased this great unit, has worked perfectly using Roomie and standard device set up👍

I have an 8805a and it works great with Roomie.

I am looking for a command for my Marantz AV7005 that seems to be missing. When switching to my blu-ray player, I would like to switch my Surround Mode to Auto. The command “Surround Auto” does exist in IR. I guess it may not exist in the IP set.

For the Marantz device try MODE AUTO
FYI, I think you can configure each input on the Marantz to remember the last settings for that input so you don’t have to set the mode each time.