New Virgin V6 Box setup

Hi there, I’ve just got the new Virgin V6 box and I am unable to setup the Iphone Simple Controll app to control it. I’ve been faffing for hours with no joy. The box is connected to my home network via Ethernet and connects remotely to outside of my network, it shows up in the app and I can add it in but for the life of me I cannot get it to work. Also I am unable to ping the box although it show up in my network scans. Any help much appreciated.

If I recall, we had a user with such a box recently and they were able to make it work as a TiVo. So you would want to add via manual IP on port 31339 brand TiVo category Virgin, and make sure “Network Control” is turned on in the menus.

Thank you.

Hi there,

I have an old Virgin Tivo box and use Simple Control and have a few questions regarding the new V6 box, hope you don’t mind.

You mention that your box is connected to your home network. Is this through cable or WiFi? Is your home network also providing the TV feed or is this a separate feed?

Did you manage to get it working? I currently use an iTach IP2IR bridge, but since the V6 has a bluetooth remote clearly this will not work and I will have to use IP control.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Bill