Onkyo Network & Audio Problems Recall for MY 2009-2012

Not directly related to Roomie, but i’ve been experiencing problems with my Onkyo TX-NR616 as of late, like audio entirely dropping out until pulling the power entirely, and loss of network. Did some quick digging and found that Onkyo is replacing or giving a credit to anyone with an affected unit, which affects model years 2009 - 2012. Supposedly a faulty network card, but I don’t understand how a network card causes audio issues. Anyway, Onkyo will send you a box and packing materials and cover all the shipping. I chose that option, instead of the $150 credit they offered me.

More info at repair.onkyousa.com/na

FYI - I have the Onkyo Nr818 and experienced the same issue. Could keep it working by unplugging it and then plugging it back in. That worked for about a month and then it finally wouldn’t start up no matter what I did. Luckily it was still under warranty so I just sent it down for the repair. Works great since I got it back.

Love the ip control with Roomie!! Great units!

I actually just experienced this last night on a TX-NR535 (2014 model). Was playing Spotify through the new Connect functionality, sound stopped. Noticed that received was frozen, restarted, video passes through fine but no audio for any inputs goes to any speaker channel :frowning: Presumably it’ll be sorted out by warranty, but still rather disappointing for a new unit.