Recommended Home Theater Systems: Mainstream Projector?

I’m looking for a mainstream projector recommendation. I currently use a 10+ year old Yamaha surround receiver with an XGA projector, but will be replacing both in the next few months. For now I’m having limited success with a FlexWiFi + Blaster combo, but really see the value of Live Feedback when I upgrade.

I’ve already selected the Marantz 1604 (or it’s successor) for my AVR and am budgeting $900-1200 for a 1080p projector. My dilemma is that very few projectors seem to offer IP control; I’ve found a few, but they tend to be triple (or more) than my budget allows. Since I’ve ruled out IR control, it’s looking more and more like I will use my FlexWiFi with a serial cable.

So, finally my question: can anyone recommend a 1080p projector in my price range with support for Pure IP control? If not, can I get a recommendation for a projector with serial control?

Thanks!
Kent

I have a Panasonic PT-AE4000 and a Yamaha RX-V667 in my theater. I ran a trigger from the IR output of the Yamaha to the projector, so an AVR power-on will turn on the projector and off as well. Since all the equipment is in a separate room, this made for a simple install.