We’re opening about 12 spots on our beta testing team for future major releases of Roomie.
- You will receive access to new builds of Roomie every few days that are locked to specific iOS devices you have designated for the duration of the program. We recommend at least two devices so that you can also test synchronization, but we prefer no more than 3 devices in the program as we are limited by Apple on the number of slots available. Beta builds have all features enabled and are not associated with any purchases. It's a totally different product as far as your iOS device is concerned.
- You should be an existing Roomie user familiar with configuration and other elements of Roomie.
- You should have an interesting, voluminous, or futuristic home AV setup ideally with lots of IP controlled devices. A few infrared devices in the living room is not a good beta tester candidate. We want you to break the barriers and tell us what is wrong and how our changing X or Y will help you.
- Beta builds are usually fairly stable, but do obviously have more issues than release builds. You should always maintain a release copy of Roomie from the App Store in case any issues temporarily arise.
- All future major releases beyond the next month or so require iOS 7 as previously announced, so all of your devices should be running that. If you are a developer and will have the ability to run iOS 8 over the Summer assuming Apple's regular timing repeats, please let us know.
- To submit your interest in the beta program, please send an email to [email@example.com](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org). Or, just use the Contact Support button in the app. Describe your configuration briefly and why you think you'd be a good beta tester.