"Reverse" Custom URL

As has been discussed, Roomie is capable of launching other apps using custom URLs in activities. The Tivo App, for example, can be launched with:

fb129267530460609://

Roomie itself can be launched with a much more reasonable URL:

roomie://

(applookup.com is one of a few good resources for finding these URLs.)

What I’d like to know is whether Roomie supports invocation parameters. I’m a fan of Launch Center Pro, and I’d like to use it as a shortcut to launch Roomie and, say,start a particular activity, or mute my receiver, or change the lights.

More on LCP:

itunes.apple.com/us/app/launch- … 16360?mt=8

appcubby.com/launch-center/schemes/

Does Roomie handle parameters in URLs? Can it? :slight_smile:

I would like to know this too?

I’m also very interested in this kind of support. Specifically, it would be tremendously useful for roomie to allow the passing of a parameter in whatever form that allows it to invoke a specifically called activity or action.

I don’t know what would be better, having a calling code for any possible defined function, or allowing the user to “tag” an activity or button with a parameter code if needed.

The application I’m thinking of right now is to use voice control (via siri hacks) to launch roomie with a specific URL so that it can be given different commands such as “watch TV” or “Movie Time”. Perhaps multiple activities could be given the same code so that they could be invoked together, though invocation order would be an issue.

This would allow for one tap scene setting from either a custom web page, a custom app icon, or another app. That would be impressive.