Samsung source codes

The “all models” Samsung IP remote codes for changing sources doesn’t seem to work with my 65EH8000 TV (ie multiple HDMI inputs). Am I forced to use IR like I have to do with Power On?

Thanks,
Z

Humm… Should have investigated this more…

Source selection is a scrolling list, not a unique selection, so it doesn’t seem like a simple matter to directly select HDMI1, HDMI2, etc…

So IR isn’t a solution…

IR should be a solution. IR lets you select explicit inputs on Samsung TVs. We have yet to find a case where IP lets you select explicit Samsung inputs, but we think at some point it may be possible either because Samsung will add it to the 2013 models or we’ll just find a way.

Thank you.

Unless I’m missing something, I don’t see how to select directly using the IR remote. The new one just has “Source” which brings up the scrolling list, not an individual source selection?

I’m trying to switch between Sat and BD (HDMI 1 & 2). I can auto select the BD input using HDMI-CEC, so maybe it will end up working since it seems to default to HDMI 1 (Sat) when I power down the BD.

Now if I can just get the Mute icon to go away on the Samsung display I’ll be set :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Z

The TV:Samsung:All Models command set has some 28 input commands in it. Which set are you using?

Thank you.

That’s the set that’s being used (Samsung All modesl) but it doesn’t respond to any of those commands though (ie Input HDMI, Input HDM1, etc). My IR only has a Source control button, so that doesn’t work correctly (HDMI = TV, HDMI 1 = HDMI 1 or 2, HDMI 2 doesn’t bring up anything.

Do the 2012 Samsung’s support direct Input commands?

Thanks,
Z

Yes, they definitely do. Make sure your Retransmit Count is high enough and that other commands are working. If the input commands still don’t work, that sounds like either a regional variation or a wholesale feature reduction variation (manufacturers commonly strip key features to sell bargain basement models at places like CostCo).

Google search has never heard of that model so we don’t know what that might be.

Thank you.

Sorry it’s a Samsung 65ES8000 with the latest updates (1047), definitely not the bargain brand. It responds to most (I haven’t done an exhaustive check) of the other commands I use on the Samsung IP Test Remote, except the Inputs ?

These are IP commands, so retransmit shouldn’t be necessary should it? (Tried it anyway).

Thanks,

Z

Per our email earlier in the thread: “We have yet to find a case where IP lets you select explicit Samsung inputs”. We assume you were talking about IR therefore. Samsung does not provide explicit input selection via IP.

Thank you.

Got it…
Seems you can’t do it with IR either, at least not with the remote(s) they provide now, it’s an online list.

I’ll use HDMI-CEC for the BD HDMI2 autoselection. Hopefully that will work.
Thanks,
Z

From the top:

IP: Explicit input selection not possible with Samsung TVs.

IR: Works great with all known modern Samsung models. Yes, you will not find such commands on your remote. But Roomie has them anyway, they’re built-in and part of the standard Samsung TV All Models infrared command set. We obtain them from Samsung and they work great despite the fact they do not exist on actual remotes.

Thank you.

Thanks for your patience :slight_smile:

All is right with the world again…

Nice Sunday support BTW…

Z