Sky Q

Hi,

What are the plans for integrating Sky Q control? The rollout is starting to gain momentum in the UK…

Cheers
Matt

You will find prior threads on this topic. We remain interested in this and have had several solutions in the past that worked or at least were reported to work at a particular time.

If there is an official API or method for controlling their boxes now that anyone is aware of, please send it our way. We have not heard anything about it to date.

Thank you.

As we were discussing the lack of correct remote for SkyQ which I could be mistaken. It appears you can control the sky box by IP control. I am doing this communicating on port 49160

If you have a look at this node module set it gives you all the codes you need:

Thanks to that user for his work!

Are control configurations something the userbase can work on. Who actually adds supports for new devices and can we add / test them?

I’d very much welcome IP control of Sky Q

You can purchase this:

And then use a blaster/global cache serial to send commands to it. Here is the code set I use:

Any update on Sky Q control from Roomie ??

Read my post above (Aug, '20). It is a complete solution.

Yes…appreciate that and thank you for the code set I will probably go down that route.
Why do we need extra hardware, I can understand with rergards to my Lumagen video proccessor and my Meridian pre amp which are both I/R or RS232 but the sky box is on the network and you can use a simple remote app to control it without any other hardware. Can it not be controlled like the Apple TV
Do pardon my ignorance, but I am just trying to improve my understanding of how Roomi works

Connected the CTRL4SKY via Global Cache, loaded the above plist file, however I must have configured something incorrectly as the Sky box does not respond.
What are the main areas I should be looking at. Everything appears to be loaded correctly, just no response from button pushes.

Haven’t touched it for a day…and suddenly it works as advertised !!!