SnapAV 8x8 HDMI Matrix IP control

I bought a SnapAV B-500-MTRX-230 8x8 HDMI Matrix with the intention of using Simple Control, but I am having trouble controlling it. I’ve installed the matrix successfully and can control inputs/outputs using SnapAV’s configuration utility that runs through the RS232 port. I assigned the matrix a static IP on my network and I can ping the IP and get a response. I then successfully added a device using the Manual IP and port 23 (as shown in the compatibility list). But I cannot seem to get the matrix to respond either using the Test Remote to power on/off or by adding an activity like .OUTPUT INPUT SET. I also tried adding the device using a Roomie Ethernet to Serial interface and still had no luck getting a response.

Has anyone gotten a SnapAV HDMI matrix to work using Simple Control? Or does anyone have any idea of what I need to do get it to work with either IP or Serial?

Thanks in advance!!

Have you tried using telnet and issuing commands directly to it to verify functionality?

Also a reminder that the forums are not a support venue. If you’re looking for support, please use the Contact Support button in the app.

Thank you.

Were you able to get this to work? I’m considering buying that Matrix switcher.

The Binary 8x8 matrix switchers don’t like IP control…both the HD Base T as well as the non-HD Base T models don’t work well with control systems over IP… URC Total Control had the same
Issue with these. The 232 control is ROCK solid. Use that and you’ll be very happy…

I have not used SNAP AV units but your best bet is to contact them for support. I was looking around and found KVMSwitchTech offers similar products with great features and pricing. I have used KVMSwitchTech’s 8x8 and 16x8 HDBaseT HDMI Matrix solutions for customer installations and they work well.