Socket IO CRLF

Adding a new Brightlink HDP-MXB88DA matrix switcher to environment. Existing control sets don’t seem to work either by Telnet (port 23) or raw TCP/IP (port 8000).

I have previously used the DDK to add a Muxlabs matrix switcher to my environment, but wanted to use the Custom Devices UI in the app this time around.

I note that Telnet has a CRLF option, but I am wondering if the Socket IO options supports a way of sending CRLF as Brightlink advises best practice is to use raw TCP/IP on port 8000 as opposed to Telnet.

I tried searching the docs and forum, but didn’t see this covered anywhere.

Commands look like this:

s in 1 av out 8!

That would send input 1 to output 8.

SocketIO is a very specific thing used only (to our knowledge) by Samsung 2014/2015 TVs (H/J). This is not a generic term like “input output via Unix Sockets circa 1978”. So there is no chance that would be the right choice in this case. Without a protocol document I don’t know what to say. My guess is you’re using the wrong port and not having a protocol document is presumably why you don’t know that.

Okay, if this feature is documented somewhere I happy to teach myself. I usually do as much research as I can before asking here or opening a ticket. I assumed Socket IO was just raw TCP/IP.

I have a protocol document and that is what I am working off of. I am able to successfully send commands using PuTTY in Raw mode on port 8000.

Here is the protocol documentation:

8x8_HDMI_matrix_ASCII_Commands_V1.00.02_12e96099-bdbd-4ee0-a2ad-7bf8bafb1e6c.xlsx (live.com)

Looks pretty standard lineio-crlf on port 8000. You can check the input/output in the diagnostic log to see what’s going on.

1. Is that supposed to be in the drop down options? I only see Telnet with Linefeeds. See screenshot below. In any case this option seems to work.
  2. Does the Roomie implementation of Telnet follow the true Telnet RFC or is it just used as a synonym for raw TCP/IP?
  3. Is there a way to view the diagnostic log on a Mac? I believe in iPhone and iPad it is a pinch gesture.

Most of the release notes for over a year have been referencing the extensive logging functionality added especially for iPad and Macs. Whole separate windows, live logging, it’s pretty neat and seems like it’s hard to miss at this point?
Telnet LF is the same as lineio-crlf. More info is in the DDK.

I’ve used live logging before on iOS with the two-finger gesture. It helped me solve a problem once. Hadn’t used it before on Mac.

Wasn’t obvious to me despite looking in the usual places before asking. After your response sent me on an expedition to find it, I found it. I was searching on “logging” and not “diagnostics.”

For reference for future users wondering the same thing:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Toggle on Collect Diagnostics
  3. Collect OK on the warning
  4. A new set of UI options becomes visible below the Collect Diagnostics toggle
  5. Click Show Live Diagnostics
  6. A new window appears with all kinds of cool info