Why does Roomie silence iPhone/iPad Music app?

I’m often listening to an audiobook or something directly on my iPhone. Then I get to my den or bedroom, and I want to, say, silently peruse available programming on my DVR or on DirecTV. Or perhaps I left the TV or radio on, and I simply want to use Roomie to hit mute.

Why must Roomie silence the iPhone (or, more accurately, stop playback of whatever the Music app is currently playing), the moment I launch the Roomie app?

Even if Roomie were set to provide audible, button feedback (which is not enabled on my devices), those brief sounds should still be playable “over” any audio that’s already playing on the device.

I’d love to see this addressed. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Do you still see that if you turn off the ‘Override Volume’ feature?

Thank you.

No, I no longer see it with override disabled. However, in practice, I see the functions as separate.

In other words, with Roomie set to use the physical volume buttons (override on), why must it also stop playback on the iPhone’s music app. I fully realize that the hardware buttons would be directed toward Roomie’s functions. Why can’t they do so without stopping whatever the Music app’s playing?

Thanks.

The act of overriding the iOS device volume buttons essentially means that Roomie is the “player”, it becomes the active source when it takes over the buttons. That’s the way iOS handles it anyway, so there’s no way for us to “take over the device volume buttons” but not the device audio playback.

Thank you.