Xtreamer Ultra Power Button

I have an Xtreamer Ultra with Windows 8 on it, running XBMC (among other apps).

No matter how I configure iTach it doesn’t power up the Xtreamar, nor control it - for example the arrow keys.

I have the original remote which works fine. Also I have a generic remote for windows media center which works fine and turns on the xbmc (and control the arrow keys).

I was trying to configure it as Xtremer - All Models, Microsoft Media Center (all 3 options), but with no luck.

Nothing works, except for the Windows Media Center (Original) which doesn’t turn on the Xtreamer, but is able to control windows keys (like arrows, enter, backspace) - only once for each key - I can move the arrow right, but only once. After that I can use another key and than right will work again. THIS IS ODD I know.

My TV and Cable were both configured on IR port 3. All sit side by side. Working great. I’m also able to control XBMC via IP once the Xtreamer is on…

I also tried to change the Repeats interval, and switched from IRBlasters to a standard one on a different port - nothing helped.

I also tried the learning function. was able to learn commands from teh cable remote which worked, but this Xtreamer power on command, even when learned, was not working.

I’ll appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Brokoly

The key issue is covered in the FAQ:

roomieremote.com/faq/#windowsmedia

Turning off the debounce may impact the power issue as well. It would be worth re-running your tests after fixing that. We don’t know how Xtreamer differs their commands from WMC beyond that. You may want to contact their support.

Thanks for the fast reply.

I don’t believe it is related to the OS installed on the device, as this is the power on button that is not working.

In addition, the original Xtreamer remote and another generic windows media center are working fine - turning on the Xtreamer - so i don’t have much to tell Xtreamer support - the Xtreamer is working fine.

it is quite odd, I agree. Everything else is working with the iTach/Roomie remote - all but the power of the Xtreamer.

The problem of windows media center remote working every second click - was indeed solved by changing the configuration in the registry for Toggle Codes.
It didn’t solve Xtreamer Ultra power on problem.
I was also not able to learn the power off command from within Roomie.
Luckily, I was able to use iLearn which I downloaded from iTach and add this command using Roomie DDK as a custom device.
It works now!!!
For future users, this is the plist I created:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> codes XtreamerON36000,%d,1,96,32,16,16,16,16,16,32,16,32,48,32,16,16,16,16,16, 16,16,16,16,16,16,16,16,16,16,16,16,16,16, 16,32,16,16,16,16,16,16,16,16,32,16,16,16, 16,16,16,32,32,16,16,16,16,16,16,16,16,16, 16,32,16,16,32,16,16,16,3612 method gc brand Xtreamer cat Ultra type 13