AppleTV OS 15 Compatibility?

Apple TV Tips based on support tickets:

• Activity Designs are based on devices. If you change a device and have customized an Activity Design, you may need to Reset Design to match it to the updated Apple TV.
  • The .APPLICATION LAUNCH command is specific to the Apple TV Companion device type. All old devices have been upgraded to the Apple TV Airplay device type, so if you want that 7.0.X style of device, you need to add it from 7.1.1+. You may have both devices and use whichever you prefer.
  • Stuff in the pairing remotes list is totally up to you. Feel free to delete whatever is in the list and it will just pair again.

Have you found a solution for your issue yet because I am having the same exact issue with mine controlling the Apple TV on the IOT network.

The new method in 7.1 solved my issues.

Ok. I realized the 7.1 method is to add the Apple TV Air Play option. I did that and now I can control it. My issue now is that the new Apple TV is still not showing in the list of Primary Controllers. As soon as I switch back to IOT vlan, it appears in the list.
Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Yes, I had to delete the devices and re-add using the AirPlay method. I do not use a ATV as a controller so I am unsure on that piece.

1 Like